Family Photo Session TIPS!
Here are some tips to keep in mind when planning a family photo shoot in Branson Missouri:
1. Choose the right location: The location you choose will set the tone for your photos. Consider a scenic outdoor location or a special spot that has meaning to your family.
2. Coordinate outfits: Make sure everyone’s outfits complement each other and avoid busy patterns or clashing colors.
3. Timing is everything: Schedule your shoot during the optimal time of day for lighting, usually early morning or late afternoon. I usually say 1 hour and 30 minutes before sunset for the best lighting!
4. Keep it relaxed: I love photographing families in traditional poses that have natural expressions and capture candids too! Sometimes those are my favorites!
5. Don’t forget about props: Props can add a fun element to your photoshoot and show off your family’s personality. I’ve even had clients bring signs with their last name.
6. Bottom line, you need to Hire a professional photographer: A skilled photographer can capture the best shots and make sure everyone looks great.
Here’s my shot list with a sprinkling of candids thrown in too!
Family Photoshoot List:
- Entire Family (3 Combinations)
- Traditional Portrait (standing)
- Mom or Dad (or both) sitting, children all around)
- Mom & dad (Several Poses)
- Just Mom, Just Dad
- Mom with daughters, and then just sons
- Dad with sons, then just daughters
- Parents with each child
- Each Child Separately
Multiple Family Shot List:
- Entire Family (2 or 3 combinations/locations)
- -Lined up
- -Grandma and pa in front, families in groupings behind them
- -Celebrate! (Balloons or Bubbles!)
- Grandma and Grandpa
- Just Grandma, Just Grandpa
- Grandparents with each Grandchild
- Grandparents with ALL Grands
- All Grandkids Together
- Each Family unit
- Grandma and pa with just their children
- Then add in Spouses
EXTRA PHOTO IDEAS:
- All Girls, All Boys
- Each couple
- Each set of Siblings
Locations for family photoshoots listed below!
Remember to have fun and enjoy the experience! Call me to set up a family photo session today!
PHOTOSHOOT LOCATION IDEAS AROUND BRANSON MISSOURI:
Branson / Nature:
-Stockstill Park (Melody Penner Road)
-Dewey Short Visitor Center/Dam
-Big Cedar ($150 fee)
-Moonshine Beach/Chateau on the Lake
-Our Home/Pond/Waterfall/Barn Forsyth/Studio
-Field by our home
-Springfield Nature Center
(Old Bridge area by Highland Springs)
-Nathanael Green Park
-Oriental Gardens at Nathanael Green
-Phelps Grove (Sarah and Jordan)
-Parking garages and go to the top of parking garage
(by the old Firehouse in Springfield)
-Mediacom Ice Park/Train Tracks
Lake of the Ozarks:
-Lake of the Ozarks State Park
Linn Creek Mo